Wednesday, September 22, 2010

**Knees Weak, Sweaty Palms, Broken teacup**



If I'm struggling to find where your head is at
How do I find your heart?
Words left unspoken
Scribbled on the sandy shore,
Then everything I wanted to say, washed away.
Had it planned from start to finish
But knees weak, sweaty palms, broken teacup.
Get out of your head and into your heart, sweetheart.
Trying to read thee
Is only but confusing me
Like understanding the physics behind chemistry.
Sparks fly like butterflies on tender touch
How I want to hold you so much
But knees weak, sweaty palms, broken teacup.
Shattered china tea-set.
Jump to pick the pieces
So quick as you jumped to conclusions,
Jumped to judge with your hammer hitting my heart.
Maybe I could pour my heart out if you would listen
But knees weak, sweaty palms, broken teacup.

1 comment:

  1. I love the similes & metaphors you chose to use. Esp the "physics behind the chemistry" one! Deeeep!

    ReplyDelete