Wednesday, September 22, 2010

**The Present Is a Moment Just Past**

Men talk of killing time when time quietly kills them,
We talk of wasting time as time watches us waste away,
Time goes you say? Ah no,alas! Time stays,
We go,
And the present is a moment just passed.
I wish I could freeze this liquid time.
Tik tok goes the clock and it doesn't stop.
Running out of time,
I'm late!
Can't wait!
Gotta run!
Spinning round in stupid circles,
So selfish is time that she doesn't stop.
And as I sit and write this poetry
She doesn't stop for me.
But I wish she would stop for you
For maybe your time is less than mine.
You may not understand this sudden sense of questioning,
But I think about your life all the time.
It consumes my mind,sometimes.
I'm sure you wish you could re-wind the hands of time.
But we can't
Let's just spend as much precious time together
Because no moment lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment